Cheesy Beef-Stuffed Peppers
- 3 large green peppers, cut in half lengthwise, seeds removed
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup creamed cottage cheese
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 1 TB Worchestershire sauce
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 cup shredded cheese
-> Place peppers in 2-quart [12×7] glass baking dish; set aside
-> Combine remaining ingredients, except shredded cheese, in medium mixing bowl; mix well.
-> Spoon mixture into green pepper halves. Cover with wax paper.
-> Microwave for 25 to 30 minutes on Medium High (Roast), or untill meat is well done (about 140 degrees F).
-> Top with shredded cheese and continue cooking on Med. High until cheese is melted.
Note: Cooking time is for microwave ovens manufactured in the early 1980s. Adjust accordingly.
Serves 3 – 6